AFC Service Provider Partners
Below are links to affiliated websites, that may be relevant and of use to you.
Please note that Ashtons Franchise Consulting (AFC) is not responsible for the content of non-AFC websites.
Franchise Information Resources
- The Franchise Magazine - Provides news, information about UK franchise opportunities and guidance features for both franchisors and franchisees.
- The UK Franchise Directory - The UK Franchise Directory is a comprehensive resource for franchise opportunities, UK franchises and franchising.
- The British Franchise Association (Bfa) - The British Franchise Association (bfa) is the voluntary self-regulatory body for the UK franchise sector. Franchise businesses must pass a standards-based accreditation before they can become a bfa member. The Association promotes ethical franchising practice in the UK and helps the industry develop credibility, influence and favourable circumstance for growth.One of the bfa's main jobs is to help potential franchisees recognise the good, the bad, and the ugly franchise opportunities for what they are. Another is to help businesses expanding through franchising to secure their own position amongst the "good".
- HSBC - Whether you're considering buying a franchise or looking to grow your business through franchising, find out how HSBC's expertise could help you to do so with confidence. Their experienced business managers can make fast, effective decisions, helping potential franchisors and franchisees to establish their businesses and build their success. With over 25 years of experience in supporting the UK franchising industry, they know that franchising is about more than just making money. It's also about creating strong and mutually-beneficial relationships. They work closely with the British Franchise Association (BFA) and its members to encourage successful and ethical franchising. HSBC are proud sponsors of the HSBC BFA Franchisor and Franchisee of the Year awards.
- Lloyds Bank- True Franchising Expertise you can rely upon
Lloyds Banking Group understands that franchisors and franchisees need support from a bank that knows the sector and understands the issues impacting on them. Unfortunately despite what you are told most local bank managers don’t deal with franchise businesses every day and whilst they may have had some basic franchise training they are not experts in supporting someone on their franchise journey. Lloyds Banking Group adopts a refreshing approach to supporting this market where initial contact is managed by our team of experts who deal with franchise businesses day in and day out. The Lloyds Banking Group Franchise Unit team will also assist franchisees secure the funding they require by directly communicating with our credit underwriters to obtain sanction rather than passing on the proposal to a local bank manager who doesn’t truly understand the franchise market or investment opportunity. Expert help is on hand to assist franchisors and franchisees develop their businesses successfully.
Increase your prospects for success with our free online course - http://bfa.trainme.tv - in association with Lloyds Bank.
– Local expertise, guidance and support for your franchise business
We’ve been helping ambitious business people like you achieve their potential for over 30 years. As the first bank in Britain to set up a dedicated franchise department, we can offer a truly complete business banking service – whether you’re just starting out or already established in the franchise world. Our 150 accredited franchise managers are spread throughout the UK and have a huge amount of local knowledge, an in-depth understanding of your regional trading environment and deep-rooted franchise sector experience in your area. They’re backed up by a dedicated team of specialists who are all affiliated members of the BFA. We’ll help you save cost and time, and find solutions that are right for you and your business.
- Metro Bank
As the UK’s leading
challenger bank, Metro Bank is committed to providing its customers with
unparalleled levels of service and convenience.
- The bank prides itself on its entrepreneurial spirit, and working with the franchise sector is an integral part of its offering.
- Metro Bank’s dedicated Franchise Team is one of the most experienced in the franchise sector and ensures that both franchisors and franchisees receive a specialist service, tailored to their individual needs. Working with the British Franchise Association and specialist advisors, the Franchise Team’s dedicated relationship managers who not only support with borrowing requirements, but work alongside the franchisor and franchisee to support the companies’ development and strategic growth.
- Franchise Finance are the industry’s leading independent finance professionals. We have a 95% success rate in raising finance for franchises through our extensive network of finance providers. We write professional business plans and provide financial training through our Business Training Academy. Our Leasing Centre provides leasing and hire purchase facilities for equipment and vehicles. Talk to us about your financing, business planning and training needs.
- Dennis and Turnbull (d&t) - Based in Swindon, d&t are the UK’s market leading franchisee accountants. Supporting franchisees and their businesses across a wide range of sectors. d&t are endorsed by the British Franchise Association (BFA) and are proud to be the UK’s largest niche franchise accounting firm.
- d&t are the go-to accountancy, bookkeeping and tax firm for the franchise industry.
- d&t help more than 100 franchisors gain a competitive advantage through centralised management and financial reporting of their whole network.
- d&t aggregates the ever-increasing amount of data your franchisees create. d&t are able to organise all financial data, across your whole network in to dynamic visualisations and templates based on your requirements.
- Moreland Insurance Brokers - Established in 1964 Moreland Insurance Brokers based in Hamilton Scotland have vast experience in arranging all types of business insurance. We are always happy to prepare an insurance report on a "no cost or obligation" basis.
- Franchisor PI Insurance – We have an exclusive offering via Hiscox Insurance to help protect Franchisors if they are sued by Franchisees.
- Business Insurance Schemes - We are increasingly being asked to use the buying power of a franchise in the insurance market. Typically, you can save up to 20% in premiums by doing this.
- Cyber Assist - A valuable offering aimed to help SME’s to handle a Data breach or Hack. Cover includes a 24hr helpline and pays for rectification costs, fines and Brand Protection.
For all of the above please contact Maurice Logie, Director who heads up the Franchise Team at Moreland’s. Maurice has over 40 years’ experience in the insurance industry and has spoken at many Franchise events and conferences.
- Marsh: Specialist Franchise Business Insurance
- Marsh provides franchise business insurance that is built around the needs of franchisees. By offering an insurance scheme you could help free up their time to focus on their business, safe in the knowledge they have the cover they need from day one.
- As one of the world’s leading insurance brokers, Marsh has a wealth of experience across a wide range of industries. Our proven track record with small and medium sized businesses means we have over 40,000 live policies in place.
- We believe the details make the difference. We will take the time to get to know you and understand the different risks associated with your franchise ‒ to help us build an insurance solution that caters for your needs and your franchisees too. Our expertise and in-depth market understanding helps us to create products that are truly fit-for-purpose.
- Setting up a bespoke scheme is easier than you may think due to our experience and resources. To find out more, talk to us:
Telephone: 0330 029 4755
- Brand Protect - Trademarks are an essential part of your franchise. We are an expert, practical and cost effective partner, not only for the initial registration but for the longer term management of the renewables and acting on any possible threat. A whole range of trademark services from essential application and registration services to the more complex litigation stages are available.
- Stobbs - Since their launch in 2013, Stobbs has been offering the highest quality advice and service in the Trade Mark industry. They have a keen commercial and practical approach, and because of this their practice has grown very fast. In just 5 years, they have become one of the leading brand specialist law firms in the UK, being ranked Tier 1 by the Legal 500, and twice have been awarded Trade Mark Firm of the Year by ‘Managing Intellectual Property’ (in 2016 and 2018). For their clients, Stobbs are a trusted partner, helping to develop, protect and make the most of their ideas and brands. From trademarks to copyright, design and domain name strategy and management, they provide what they like to call ‘straight-up IP’ services. They have extensive experience of helping with worldwide branding and trademark protection and enforcement strategy – working with some of the world’s most recognisable brands, including Facebook, Instagram, Nike, Virgin, O2, Adobe, eBay, Cambridge University, Tottenham Hotspur and McDonalds to name just a few. Their advice will always be tailored to fit the commercial objectives of their clients, including the development and growth of a franchise.
- For more details on how Stobbs can help you, please contact Chris Sleep (Solicitor Team Head) by telephone 01223 435240 or email email@example.com.
Franchise Territory Mapping
- Atlas Mapping - Delivering cutting-edge franchise territory mapping and management services to the worldwide franchise market.
- Tech4T - Tech4T help businesses target and service their customers, outlets and territories in a more productive and cost-efficient way, leading to increased sales and profitability. They have been doing this for over 20 years.
- Smart Marketing at Chantry - Franchise Recruitment experts – guiding and supporting franchisors with their network growth since 2007.
Are you suffering franchise recruitment discomfort?
The team from Chantry provide a range of franchise recruitment products including:
- Breakthrough: profiling, collateral audit, plan setup and messaging
- Setup: from websites to prospectuses and SMS systems
- Content production: to support a prospects due diligence
- Campaign management: generating a flow of quality enquiries
- Lead Handling: lead filtering, education and engagement
- Full recruitment service including lead filtering and meetings