Master Franchise Research Programme
Ashtons Franchise Consulting (AFC) have assisted investors and investment groups to purchase Master Franchises from international brands from all over the world.
AFC consultants have awareness of the leading new and famous brands, around the world, offering Master Franchise opportunities.The AFC Master Franchise Research Programme (MFRP) provides a shortlist of international opportunities tailored to your unique requirements and suitability, taking you all the way through evaluation to the final decision.
Establishing Your Requirements
The first stage of the Master Franchise Research Programme requires an in-depth data gathering interview with you in order to give us a clear understanding of your existing activities, opportunities and future aspirations. It aims to:
- Evaluate and understand the type of franchise that you could develop
- Produce a business profile and an overview of your target location. This will assist in indicating your potential to the franchisors
- Agree upon the business categories (e.g. fast food, fashion, automotive etc.) that would be suitable for you to operate
- Determine the type of Franchise Agreement that would be suitable for you to operate, such as Master Franchise, Area Development Franchise, Joint Venture, etc.
- Decide on the character of franchisor to be sought, such as a new concept brand early in its international expansion or a well-established brand in a mature market
- Establish the initial level of investment, both the Master Franchise licence fee and start-up costs, together with your expected return on that investment
Based upon your specified business interests, we research the international franchise market for concepts that:
- Fulfil your requirement as to business segment and investment opportunity, while being mindful of the character of the franchisor
- Have not already allocated a Master Franchise, Area Development Franchise or Joint Venture operations for your target location
- Are looking for an opportunity to enter your target location as a new market and are capable of expansion and displacing existing competition
- Meet the agreed criteria for the initial level of investment, both for the Master Franchise licence and the start-up costs, along with the return on your investment
This is carried out using our database of franchisors, our own and other franchise directories, along with the contacts we make at the international franchise exhibitions and events we attend every year.
The Screening Process
We evaluate the suitability of franchisors by:
- Gaining an overview of their business, corporate image and structure
- Examining intellectual property rights and distinctive or unique selling features
- Studying all operational support services and training materials
Each Master Franchise Research Programme relates to a specific sector of the franchise industry and the research is related to your specified franchise sector of interest.
Personal Inspection and Final Decision
We arrange meetings and assist you with travel and itinerary planning in order to meet with the Presidents and Chief Executive Officers of your selected franchises, providing you with a professionally developed checklist to ensure that you obtain key documents and ask key questions.
After you have visited your selected franchisors, we assist in your evaluation for your final choice, recommending experienced Franchise Lawyers to evaluate contracts and finalise any issues regarding the mechanics of the licence acquisition, the launch of the brand and ongoing support from the franchisor.
At the conclusion of the Master Franchise Research Programme, you will be in a position to acquire your Master Franchise Rights Licence.