One of the most important steps that any business can take as they prepare for expansion, and in particular, franchising, is to create a Franchise Operations Manual.
The most consistently successful type of business is a franchise. Well-known examples include McDonald’s, The Body Shop and Cash Generator. These brands offer a consistent customer experience – no matter where they are opened or who runs them. The reason…These businesses have an Operations Manual which allows new franchisees to learn the internal processes to deliver a consistently good product or service. This includes everything you need to know to run that particular business, from hiring employees through to marketing and sales.
The Benefits of a Franchise Operations Manual
A well-documented Franchise Operations Manual can help both the franchisor and franchisee do several things:
- Clearly identify the total knowledge that you have accumulated in your business
- Lay solid foundations for future growth
- Make your business more valuable
- Create a standard for your franchise.
- Focus on perfecting the product or service while employees do the day-to-day tasks
- Hire staff with relatively little experience, as they can follow the tasks as outlined in the Franchise Operations Manual
- Focus on marketing and sales
- Deliver a high level of customer service.
The next step, therefore, is to create your Franchise Operations Manual. A professionally written manual will ensure that your existing operation is best equipped to follow your proven business systems and procedures, and transfer them to franchisees.
With over 30 years’ experience in this field, we would therefore like to take this opportunity to invite you to one of our offices so that you can see first-hand the quality of Operations and Training Manuals that have been produced over the years.
This is also an opportunity to learn from open discussions with our franchise consultants and manual writers as to how you could best proceed from where you are towards achieving your business development goals.