Below are links to affiliated websites, that may be relevant and of use to you.
Please note that Ashtons Franchise Consulting (AFC) is not responsible for the content of non-AFC websites.
Franchise Information Resources
- The Franchise Magazine – Provides news, information about UK franchise opportunities and guidance features for both franchisors and franchisees.
- The UK Franchise Directory – The UK Franchise Directory is a comprehensive resource for franchise opportunities, UK franchises and franchising.
- The British Franchise Association (Bfa) – The British Franchise Association (bfa) is the voluntary self-regulatory body for the UK franchise sector. Franchise businesses must pass a standards-based accreditation before they can become a bfa member. The Association promotes ethical franchising practice in the UK and helps the industry develop credibility, influence and favourable circumstance for growth. One of the bfa’s main jobs is to help potential franchisees recognise the good, the bad, and the ugly franchise opportunities for what they are. Another is to help businesses expanding through franchising to secure their own position amongst the “good”.
Whether you’re considering buying a franchise or looking to grow your business through franchising, find out how HSBC’s expertise could help you to do so with confidence. Their experienced business managers can make fast, effective decisions, helping potential franchisors and franchisees to establish their businesses and build their success. With over 25 years of experience in supporting the UK franchising industry, they know that franchising is about more than just making money. It’s also about creating strong and mutually-beneficial relationships. They work closely with the British Franchise Association (BFA) and its members to encourage successful and ethical franchising. HSBC are proud sponsors of the HSBC BFA Franchisor and Franchisee of the Year awards.
Lloyds Banking Group understands that franchisors and franchisees need support from a bank that knows the sector and understands the issues impacting on them. As affiliate members of the British Franchise Association, the Lloyds Bank Franchise Unit have a wealth of knowledge in franchising to support your business ambitions.
Lloyds Banking Group adopts a refreshing approach to supporting this market where initial contact is managed by our team of experts who deal with franchise businesses day in and day out. The Lloyds Banking Group Franchise Unit team will also assist franchisees to secure the funding they require by directly communicating with our credit underwriters to obtain sanction. Expert help is on hand to assist franchisors and franchisees develop their businesses successfully.
Increase your prospects for success with our free online course – http://bfa.trainme.tv – in association with Lloyds Bank.
We’ve been helping ambitious business people like you achieve their potential for over 30 years. As the first bank in Britain to set up a dedicated franchise department, we can offer a truly complete business banking service – whether you’re just starting out or already established in the franchise world. Our 150 accredited franchise managers are spread throughout the UK and have a huge amount of local knowledge, an in-depth understanding of your regional trading environment and deep-rooted franchise sector experience in your area. They’re backed up by a dedicated team of specialists who are all affiliated members of the BFA. We’ll help you save cost and time, and find solutions that are right for you and your business.
Novuna Business Finance supports franchise businesses with market leading funding, planning and training. As a lender and a broker, we’re uniquely positioned to help you secure the right funding solution for your specific needs.
Whether you’re new to franchising, an established business looking to expand or a multi-unit operator, we’re here to help. Our team is here to support at every stage of your franchising journey.
Dennis and Turnbull (d&t) – Based in Swindon, d&t is the UK’s market-leading franchisee accountants. Supporting franchisees and their businesses across a wide range of sectors. d&t are endorsed by the British Franchise Association (BFA) and are proud to be the UK’s largest niche franchise accounting firm. d&t are the go-to accountancy, bookkeeping and tax firm for the franchise industry. d&t help more than 100 franchisors gain a competitive advantage through centralised management and financial reporting of their whole network. d&t aggregates the ever-increasing amount of data your franchisees create. d&t are able to organise all financial data, across your whole network into dynamic visualisations and templates based on your requirements.
Moreland Insurance Brokers
Established in 1964 Moreland Insurance Brokers based in Hamilton Scotland have vast experience in arranging all types of business insurance. We are always happy to prepare an insurance report on a “no cost or obligation” basis.
- Franchisor PI Insurance – We have an exclusive offering via Hiscox Insurance to help protect Franchisors if they are sued by Franchisees
- Business Insurance Schemes – We are increasingly being asked to use the buying power of a franchise in the insurance market. Typically, you can save up to 20% in premiums by doing this
- Cyber Assist – A valuable offering aimed to help SME’s to handle a Data breach or Hack. The cover includes a 24hr helpline and pays for rectification costs, fines and Brand Protection.
For all of the above please contact Maurice Logie, Director who heads up the Franchise Team at Moreland’s. Maurice has over 40 years’ experience in the insurance industry and has spoken at many Franchise events and conferences.
Marsh provides franchise business insurance that is built around the needs of franchisees. By offering an insurance scheme you could help free up their time to focus on their business, safe in the knowledge they have the cover they need from day one.
- As one of the world’s leading insurance brokers, Marsh has a wealth of experience across a wide range of industries. Our proven track record with small and medium-sized businesses means we have over 40,000 live policies in place.
- We believe the details make the difference. We will take the time to get to know you and understand the different risks associated with your franchise ‒ to help us build an insurance solution that caters for your needs and your franchisees too. Our expertise and in-depth market understanding help us to create products that are truly fit-for-purpose.
- Setting up a bespoke scheme is easier than you may think due to our experience and resources.
Brand Protect – Trademarks are an essential part of your franchise. We are an expert, practical and cost-effective partner, not only for the initial registration but for the longer-term management of the renewables and acting on any possible threat. A whole range of trademark services from essential application and registration services to the more complex litigation stages are available.
Stobbs – Since its launch in 2013, Stobbs has been offering the highest quality advice and service in the Trade Mark industry. They have a keen commercial and practical approach, and because of this, their practice has grown very fast. In just 5 years, they have become one of the leading brand specialist law firms in the UK, being ranked Tier 1 by the Legal 500, and twice have been awarded Trade Mark Firm of the Year by ‘Managing Intellectual Property’ (in 2016 and 2018). For their clients, Stobbs are a trusted partner, helping to develop, protect and make the most of their ideas and brands. From trademarks to copyright, design and domain name strategy and management, they provide what they like to call ‘straight-up IP’ services. They have extensive experience of helping with worldwide branding and trademark protection and enforcement strategy – working with some of the world’s most recognisable brands, including Facebook, Instagram, Nike, Virgin, O2, Adobe, eBay, Cambridge University, Tottenham Hotspur and McDonalds to name just a few. Their advice will always be tailored to fit the commercial objectives of their clients, including the development and growth of a franchise.
Franchise Management Systems
We provide a fully integrated, cloud-based management software system specifically tailored for the franchising industry, to enable franchisors and franchisees to manage their business more effectively thereby giving them more time to focus on the development of their products and services and as such, increase revenues.
Azura provide a free no obligation consultation where we get to understand you, your business and your requirements and then work with you to build a bespoke management software system that is allied to your needs. Whether it is a full franchise management system (e.g., managing customer jobs or classes), a simple online system to replace and collate spreadsheet reporting, or a data warehouse to bring data together from existing systems, you can rely on Azura to recommend the best solution for you.
For further information visit our website on azuragroup.com or call 01206 233840 to arrange a no obligation free consultation.
Franchise Territory Mapping
Tech4T – Tech4T help businesses target and service their customers, outlets and territories in a more productive and cost-efficient way, leading to increased sales and profitability. They have been doing this for over 20 years.
Since 2007, the Chantry Group have been helping franchisors and franchisees build more valuable and successful businesses. They are proudly considered the UK’s largest Franchise Growth Agency.
Due to supporting a diverse and significant range of clients across a variety of industries, Chantry Group benefit from invaluable insights into what works and what does not work in franchising. The Chantry Group provide solutions to common challenges that prevent or hinder franchisors from growing profitable franchise networks, while supporting franchisees to achieve greater sales and business value through national and local marketing support, as well as highlighting areas of the business that can increase it’s ultimate ‘saleability’.
Some of these challenges include:
- Not generating enough of the right leads
- Struggling to convert suitable candidates
- Attracting poor quality leads
- Failing to see or achieve a return on investment
- Limited resource or marketing expertise inhouse
- Lacking enough hours in the day to effectively execute plans
Support is not limited to established businesses or brands, the Chantry Group assist franchisors and franchisees at all stages of their journey, whether it is recruiting your 1st franchisee or 100th, reaching £100,000 in sales or £1 million, the approach is always flexible and tailored to ensure maximum benefit to clients. Most recently, the Chantry Group have developed a successful franchise valuations and resales division. Franchisees benefit from a scientific valuation of their business, as well as proactive support in marketing their business at the right time, to identify and qualify suitable buyers that will meet the expectations of the selling franchisee and critically, the franchisor.
Want to find out more about building a valuable network through recruiting more of the right franchisees, providing best in class marketing and business development support and accessing a professional and seamless valuations and resales solution? Click here: https://www.chantry.group/ or call 020 8017 2115.